Photo Gallery^^

Wednesday 11 September 2013

Language.Bahasa.语言。언어。げんご言語

And so, the title has nicely summed up the languages I'm familiar with. 

Yes.
It is a wonderful feeling being able to communicate to the locals in their mother tongue :)
Feel closer, feel that there is something in common, feel that the difference could be bridged. 
At one point, even feel like could reach the other person's heart, speaking in their native language. 

But, there are always storms. Even a storm in the tea cup. 
When deference could no longer answer to difference. 
When it is apparent, that two persons, speaking the very same language, simultaneously experiencing what they both would agree on- 'misunderstanding', 'salah faham', '误会', '오해', 'ごかい誤解'.

Like two persons having pieces of the same puzzle, yet unable to fit into the frame. Hence, feeling puzzled.

I'm really grateful that somehow, this sudden realization on language kicked in.
Mostly heard comment from friends being: French is challenging to learn. (let's not forget Arabic language too okay ^^)
And I concurred considering my twisted tongue and Sahara-like brain (*literally used up all brain juice :D)

And today I see it differently. 
Language per-se, regardless of nation, is challenging to learn and master as it represents a nation- its culture, custom, tradition; the essence of society. However, it doesn't represent enough- it doesn't represent all my thoughts, your thoughts, others' thoughts. If I, using a language based on my worldview (which differs across individuals), I would expect nothing less than misunderstanding * with exception that the other person is a Professor-X* ^^

Found language quite hard to transcend sometimes. 
We are speaking the same language, and yet, not quite. 
Thus have gladly decided to pick up additional One language to complement the others. 

The language of LOVE. 

Quit the scientific or literature-type of definition. 
For now, it means respect, accept, and Smile :) to me.

如果有那么一种情境:两个人都没有嘴巴,但是有一颗懂得爱的心。然后,他们不言而喻。

Many thanks to the Taiwanese lady from Tzu Chi, who inspired me to have such wonderful feelings after talking to her. 

No comments:

Post a Comment