Photo Gallery^^

Thursday 29 December 2011

First day of school


A mix of fear and joy for Year One pupils


Indulged in nostalgia while reading the article~
I still remembered the very first day when i went to standard one, it was an afternoon class.
I had no idea what was going on, as kindergarten was quite relaxed for me.
Daddy brought me to school. 
He stood outside the window, together with all other parents. 
It was glass window, half opened so that the parents could see what their children were doing and how they were doing. 
My form teacher was Ms. Tan, Chinese, pretty, strict. 
The very first thing i was taught, was how to stand, bow, and sit upon the teacher entering class. 
I was very very confused. My Chinese was a headache back then. The words qi li, xing li, chen lao shi wu an sounds alien to me. 
I fumbled and stumbled like a kid below 7.
Yet, managed to get it straight ^^
First class was nothing much but writing on names on the black board, and to my horror, in Chinese. 
Cant really recall how i escaped/ pull through. 
But recess was pretty soon, and daddy was outside waiting to bring me to the canteen. 
I was a bit afraid. The school was big. Several twists and turns before reaching the canteen, and the canteen was big! Even the black-colored dustbins were big! Back then in kindergarten, food was served in classroom, and there was no cafeteria, and the waste paper baskets, made of plastics with checkered shapes, were colorful, and medium-sized. 
Everything just gave you a looming feeling in primary school. Suddenly you feel like midget in giant's world.

Daddy was there. 
Daddy didn't earn much. Luckily things were quite cheap back then.
We spent 30sen on laksa, and another 20sen for apollo. 
I love it, and I love daddy. 
Apollo was one of my earliest memories in school- long biscuits with chocolate inside. 
Since then daddy gave me 50sen for pocket money per day. 
School finished, and daddy was still standing outside. I told him don't go, and he stayed. For years I will remember, that no matter what happened to my daddy, I will stay. For the sake of his child, and love~
Daddy sent me back home, where grandpa and grandma started to ask how was school and thing. 
I answered with big gobble of dinner. 

First day of school, real school, formal education- it was with daddy, apollo, 30 sen laksa, kindergarten friends, xinjue and yuensiong. 

Nostalgic~ and, I miss daddy, and the 30 sen laksa~ <3

No comments:

Post a Comment